Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 17:25:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   conf/6683: ifconfig of lp0 interface during install not quite correct

>Number:         6683
>Category:       conf
>Synopsis:       ifconfig of lp0 interface during install not quite correct
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.6-980517-STABLE i386
>Environment:

Snapshot made from sources dated 5/17/1998

When doing an install using the lp0 interface (PLIP), if the remote address is
not included in the "extra options to ifconfig" box, the interface is not
configured.

>How-To-Repeat:

Install a system over FTP/NFS using PLIP on lp0.

>Fix:

I would imagine that the IP address the user will enter in the "gateway" box
would be the appropriate for the "other side" address in all cases, and can be
used for the third argument given to ifconfig.