Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 20:48:21 +0100
From:      "Rick Jansen" <Rick@Tweakers.net>
To:        <mysql@lists.mysql.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to compile MySQL using LinuxThreads on FreeBSD

Hi,

I just installed LinuxThreads on my server, to use with MySQL to get maximun
performance from my dual CPU setup.

The README.FreeBSD file tells me to compile applications with the following
line:

 -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/pthread/linuxthreads -llthread -llgcc_r

But where should i put this line? In the Makefile? In all the Makefiles in
the mysql source directory?
I tried this once before, but i just couldn't get it to compile correctly,
it kept segfaulting when i tread to run the daemon.

Thanks in advance,

Rick Jansen

  Server Administrator [Linux - FreeBSD]
 Websites: www.shellz.nl www.tweakers.net