Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:34:00 +0100
From:      Axel Gruner <axel.gruner@suedfactoring.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cdboot, boot.flp question

Hi.

I have seen that the bootloader on the FreeBSD 5.0-Current changed.
I tried to install FreeBSD 4.6 and FreeBSD 5.0 DP1 on my Laptop, but no
chance at all. It stopped booting from CD with the output "cant find
kernel" (or similar).

Now i have booted FreeBSD-Current 5.0 snapshot (mid november), and, it
worked.

So, what is the difference between the old cd boot loader and the new
one? The old one was "boot.flp" and the new one is "cdboot"?

Thanks in advance.