Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:20:47 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ARP bug (was Re: Help!!! Severe PPP problems)

Jay L. West writes:
> Thanks a MILLION for all who have responded thus far. I missed some of the
> mail replies though. We upgraded to 2.1 this weekend and the major problem
> of the 'ppp -auto provider' grabbing the whole cpu seems to have
> disappeared.

Great, now update to -stable now and the remaining problems willl go
away, and you will also be heading off some problems you haven't yet
seen.

You are now seeing the infamous 'arp' bug, which is fixed in all
newer versions of FreeBSD after 2.1R.  Get the stable bits (or at least
a newer copy of /sys/netinet/in_rmx.c) and life will be good.

Nate