Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 95 10:52:22 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        questions%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.0.5R hanging inexplicably...

On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 Paul Reece wrote:

> well, my problem is a full lockup on the whole machine - no core dumps etc
> etc..  A reset is the only thing that will fix it :(
>
> Turn off screen savers - no problems (this is with syscons btw)

I jsut saw the exact same thing this morning. No input whatsoever (I had
several windows open on an X-Terminal). And input on the console also
didn't work, although I was able to switch to abnother VT but couldn't
log in.

The snake screen server kept working, though :-)

Unfortunately I didn't have DDB in the kernel.

This is running -current from 11 Nov, BTW.

Gary J