Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:14:29 -0600
From:      "Hudson, Henrik H." <hhudson@eschelon.com>
To:        'Forrest Aldrich' <forrie@forrie.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: login.conf and md5

My understanding of this was that you can install the DES passwd file, the
system will understand it if the libdescrypt libs are installed? but by
default MD5 is the new passwd scheme?

Of course, that is my "understanding" :)

Henrik
---
Henrik Hudson

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey,when are you guys going to catch up"