Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:53:09 +0200
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Several NFS errors on diskless clients

Hi, Rick.

> Just in case you didn't already know, if you are going to use NFSv4
> over AUTH_SYS, the clients and server need consistent user and group
> databases. Same names and same numbers.

I was aware of that, yet apparently missed a crucial step. There was a mis-=
match between the /etc of host vs jail and I was missing several users/grou=
ps. Corrected.

> Since the "user-or-group" part seems to be working, then maybe the
> <dns-domain> part isn't the same? (It doesn't really matter what it
> is, so long as it is the same for the server and client.)

That, I was not aware of. I modified diskless client rc.conf to have "nfsus=
erd_flags -domain same.name", and start nfsuserd with same.name from host.

I was fortunate to see a solution to my problem #3 on the mail list BTW, se=
rvices under NFS not starting, in client rc.conf: early_late_divider=3D"mou=
ntcritremote". Services now start.

The bulk of the oddities I could not figure out have been cleared by the ab=
ove mentioned corrections. The only remaining problem is the "pager read er=
ror". IDK how serious that is but the same error occurs if I try to start G=
DM on the client, so it seems I need to get to the bottom of that as well:

Client boots normally, nfsuserd running on both host + client, dbus already=
 started.=20
pcap file with "tcpdump -s 1500" for invoking on client "service hald onest=
art" being PM'ed.

Thanks for the help and Regards.