Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 1997 09:28:28 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        Holm Tiffe <freebsd@magnet.geophysik.tu-freiberg.de>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: quad ints implemented ?

In message <Pine.BSF.3.91.970701181651.869J-100000@panda.hilink.com.au> "Daniel O'Callaghan" writes:
: > I've tried to get postgreSQL V6.1 working with the int8 package on -current.
: > It seems that FreeBSD has not jet fully implemented the 64bit int in the
: > stdio library, %q is not documented. It works for printf(3), but scanf fails.
:
: Yes, I've noticed this, too.

I've also noticed that things liked %lld and %llu don't work on
FreeBSD.  This is from code ported from Solaris.  Waht, if anything,
does the standard have to say on this?  And would people object if I
implemented %ll as a long long modifier?

Warner