Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:49:04 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

"O. Hartmann" wrote:

> Well, maybe this question is trivial, but at this moment I can not find
> for fast search any hints on the official webpage at freebsd.org.
>
> When I requested mailing lists, I offered my root account as the destination.
> root is not allowed to have "outgoing" mail, so I requested by another
> user account (this from which I write the message) some requirements.
>
> Now I try to reorganize all the stuff. I do not want to cut off mailing lists, but
> I want to unsubscribe for root - and subscribe new lists for specific accounts.
> I want to divide SMP, hardware and so on into several accounts. I trashed the key-

I recently had to unsubscribe mail to previous ISP, which caused
similar problems. I could receive email but not send. The majordomo
commands all support adding a user to the end of the commands. You can
send the authorization statement from any account as long as you can
received it from FreeBSD.

Kent

> Sorry about his question ...
>
> Gruss O. Hartmann