Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 14:06:23 -0800
From:      Steve Byrne <sbb@freegate.com>
To:        Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>, "'Jonathan Chen'" <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, "freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Swing 1.0 and jdk-1.1.5

Look in the awt_Frame.c code -- there is a diff that the FreeBSD port has
where an allowance for the height of the menu bar isn't being made.  This
may have been to fix the behavior with some window managers, but it
looks like it's at the expense of others.

My contacts in JavaSoft tell me two things (confirming what I'd heard before
I left there): 1) the Motif based Frame code is broken with a lot of window
managers (so you might see the same kinds of problems on the Solaris
JDK), and 2) JDK 1.1.6 is due out relatively soon, and that fixes for the Frame
code have been a high priority.

Steve