Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 18:55:42 -0400
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FW: booting problems with SMP enabled

I sent this last night, but I never saw it on the list, so I'm
resending...

I've got a new install of 4.1-RELEASE here.
Hardware consists of a dual processor board (unknown brand),
2 Intel P2-300's, a single 128MB DIMM, onboard scsi
(disabled), on a 13GB IDE drive. The machine boots and runs
fine with a single processor. For testing purposes, I've
swapped them around to make sure that both CPU's are working
as they should. No problems there. When I boot up with the
SMP kernel (only the SMP and APIC_IO lines uncommented) it
hangs in the boot process at where it says "APIC_IO: testing
8254 interrupt delivery". At this point, the machine locks
and requires me cycling power via the switch on the power
supply. I'm at a loss. I've got a bank of dipdswitches on
the board and have changed a few at random, but no luck so
far. Without knowing the brand of the board, I'm not sure
how I can take this any further. Any tips/ideas/suggestions? TIA.
-Otter