Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:53:43 +1000
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended MTA

At 01:01 26/10/2001, you muttered something like:

>RB> I've use both Postfix and Exim, and I've stuck with Postfix because I
>RB> found it simpler and faster to configure.
>
>which one gave you faster mail delivery outbound?  if you don't have
>numbers, what was your impression on their relative speeds?

I can't remember if this popped up on the Exim or Postfix mailing lists,
but here is a comparison of MTA' performance at
http://www.kyoto.wide.ad.jp/mta/eval1/eindex.html

There is another by Dan Shearer at
http://shearer.org/en/writing/mtacomparison.html (incomplete) and one more
http://www.geocities.com/mailsoftware42/

Cheers,
Rob

--
I came, I saw, she conquered.

[[15210.1 km (9451.1 mi), 123.9 deg] (Apparent) Rennerian
This is random quote 480 of a collection of 1166