Date:      Sun, 9 May 1999 10:07:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Mobile List)
Subject:   pccard output

	I have a little perl script which autoconfigures my laptop for whatever
	network it finds itself on. Thsi iscript is run by the "insert" actin
	of pccard.

	Under 2.2 (with PAO) the standard output of this script would appear on
	the console when pccardd was run during system bootup. Under 3.1 stabel
	it does not. Since this script may take a while to run, I like to see
	this output. How can I acomplish this?

	I have looked at /etc/rc.pccard, and at first it lookewd like a simple
	fix. I found the lines:

	echo -n "Enable PC-card."
	pccardd 2>&1 > /var/log/pccardd.debug &

	The echo does appear on the console, so it appeared that just
	removing the redirection would acomplish what I desire.
	Unfortunately this is not the case. As a matter of fact to the best
	of my abilty to determine nothing ever gets into
	/var/log/pccardd.debug with the present configuration. I have
	looked at the pccardd sources from 2.2 and STABLE, and I don;t see
	any reason that this should not still work.

	Cany anyone gie me any guidance on where to look for this behavior?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    843-745-3154
Westvaco