Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:34:50 -0400
From:      Ugen Antsilevitch <ugen@xonix.com>
To:        "William D. Freeman" <wdf@picusnet.com>
Cc:        Simon Robertson <sijr@optusnet.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how does freebsd compare to mandrake 7.0?

FreeBSD probably does not "run faster". I just finished with some benchmarks
(4.0 RELASE vs. latest RED HAT on the same hardware) and they are not bad
but there is mostly some 10% loss on FreeBSD side. We tend in fact to do
things in more "logical/layered" way - i suppose thats the reason.
Not that it is at all noticeable from any user standpoint. And our code
is much cleaner:)
--Ugen