Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 02:43:25 PDT
From:      faried nawaz <nawaz921@cs.uidaho.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   keyboard/console problems?

I'm

FreeBSD LISP-READER.csrv.uidaho.edu 2.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #1: Fri Jul 12 22:09:17 PDT 1996     fn@LISP-READER.csrv.uidaho.edu:/disk0/src/sys/compile/lisp-reader  i386

p133, 32mb ram, #9-771 video, xfree86-312s, serial mouse, syscons, 9wm, xdm.

Sometimes my keyboard ends up in a weird state: I can't switch console ttys;
no keyboard input is accepted (even under X with "secure keyboard turned on");
and it appears that the control key is "stuck" (clicking on any window appears
as if i'd held down the control key before clicking).

I've seen this happen once on the console, when I wasn't running X at all, but
I can't remember if it was before or after I upgraded from July 3rd sources. I
certainly did not see this problem under X with my July 3rd kernel.

Any ideas on where to look for solutions?

thanks,

faried.