Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2014 10:26:26 -0200
From:      Marcelo Gondim <gondim@bsdinfo.com.br>
To:        "freebsd-net >> FreeBSD Net" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS resolution problem

Dear,

I'm having trouble resolving domain name freebsd.org. The portsnap
server works correctly but the pkg audit -F does not work and can not
even access the site according to the following tests:

# host ec2-sa-east-1.portsnap.freebsd.org
ec2-sa-east-1.portsnap.freebsd.org has address 177.71.188.240

# host vuxml.freebsd.org
Host vuxml.freebsd.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

# host -a freebsd.org
Trying "freebsd.org"
Trying "freebsd.org.intnet.com.br"
Host freebsd.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Received 86 bytes from ::1#53 in 0 ms

# host www.freebsd.org

Only the first address I'm having name resolution
(ec2-sa-east-1.portsnap.freebsd.org).

My block IP: 186.193.48.0/20

One could check for any restrictions on our IP block?

Thanks and best regards,
Gondim