Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 00:11:57 +0100
From:      bob <freebsd@nomoreheroes.org.uk>
To:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Dlink DSL router doesn't like FreeBSD

I forgot to add to this ... that if you monitor tcp/ip traffic with
tcpdump you can compare a sucessful connection on the internal lan with
a failure on when trying to connect to something on the internet.

Doing this you can see the syn-ack-syn process of a successful
pop/smtp/www connection on the lan, but when attempting to connect to on
the wan the reason it fails is because there is no reply to the inital
syn request, or subsequent syn requests sent out when the first one
fails to get a reply. I have cannot connect using ssh on the lan to test
that.

If ANYONE has a solution to this .. please post to me as well as this
list. I only made these posts to show that this is not an isolated
incident and defies sense trying to diagnose. I will post again when I
take the router out of the equation and replace with a windows box doing
connection sharing. That should be enough to start blaming the dlink if
it works with the windows box.