Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:45:44 -0700
From:      sabine225@home.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   apache stuff

Did you get the ssi thing to work yet.

I just installed a copy of Apache in my home directory changed 2 things
in the httpd.conf file and it worked.

./configure --prefix=/home/samsmith/apache \
		--datadir=/home/samsmith/apache/data \
		--sysconfdir=/home/samsmith/apache/etc/httpd \
		--localstatedir=/home/samsmith/apache/var \
		--runtimedir=/home/samsmith/apache/var \
		--logfiledir=/home/samsmith/apachelogfiles \
	--enable-module=most \
	--enable-shared=include

Uncommented from httpd.conf

#       AddType text/html .shtml
#      AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

        AddType text/html .shtml
      AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

Added "Includes" to the line that looked like this:
so that it looked like this:
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes

Created a file in htdocs with just this line in it:
<!--#echo var="DATE_LOCAL" -->
Named it "index.shtml"

went to: http://fh1:8080/index.html

and it worked.

server on 8080 because didn't install as root (I think).

fh1# httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.14 (Unix)