Date:      Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:03:59 -0000
From:      timt@sharktech.net
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel SRCS16

Hello,

I'm running a Dual Opteron 244 on a Tyan S2882, Intel SRCS16 Raid Controller
with 5x200GB WD200 7.2KRPM HDD's RAID5.
The I/O performance is EXTREMELY slow, and sometime system is simply
inaccessable taking a minute to exit from writting a file!
When I changed to Raid0 i/o increased noticebly. I tried using Windows 2000 on
the system and i/o performance was way better than under FreeBSD. Is their a
current problem with the MegaRaid driver?

Thanks