Date:      Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:33:37 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ancontrol/ifconfig and WEP index mixup ?

Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> probably said:
> Please try not using ancontrol at all and use ifconfig instead.

I generally do use ifconfig now, but ancontrol is not working as
advertised and it's aoutput appears to be wrong or at least confusing.

> There's really no point for 99.9+% of all uses

Other than the things that ifconfig doesn't do ;) I change the power
output of the card, for example.

> and there may be some uncaught, bad interactions between ifconfig
> and ancontrol.

Isn't that a good reason to test them and try to fix them ?

> This really should just work (FWIW, I'm tying this over a connection
> using a 350 with WEP.)

The connection does work just fine, it just appears that ancontrol is
giving wrong/confusing output and isn't behaving as it is supposed to.
I was trying to point this out so it could be fixed.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu