Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:23:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        k4n@hotmail.com, roelof@nisser.com
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD webdesign

> k4n _ wrote:
> >
> > I thought maybe you would be interested in a free website redesign(or
> > something) so I downloaded the HTML for your site, and made a few changes. I
> > made the background black, redid the FreeBSD logo slightly, and darkened the
> > logos at the bottom to match the color scheme. If you are interested I can
> > send you a copy, I think it looks pretty cool. See you later
>
> Why do people always assume that dark is cool. The purpose of a website
> is to convey information.

 Let me add to this that we decided on paper that the background should
be white, and the print blank.  In fact, we usually go to a lot of
trouble to make the paper as white as possible.   I wonder why so many people
feel differently for computer text?

 Also - I have several acquaintances with vision problems.  Some tell me
that besides a small font, a dark background with light text is the
most difficult to read.  Others tell me its preferable.

 What this points to is the ability to be as generic as possible, and
let the reader decide...

 Just some random morning thoughts...

	- Dave Rivers -
--