Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:36:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl>
To:        <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FTP through ipnat + ipf?

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Crist J. Clark wrote:
> Well, the original poster was using ipf(8)/ipnat(8) which has a FTP
> proxy built in. Put a rule like,
>
>   map <if> <internal_net> -> 0/32 proxy ftp ftp/tcp
>
> In your ipnat(5) rules.

Well I'll be derned, ya learn something new every day. Probably I should
have prefixed my comments with

	"Solutions offered by a six-years linux user who switched to
	FreeBSD 5 days ago (because the KDE port needs help) and is just
	trying to helpful and informative. Not responsible for advice taken."

> Why would one suggest an ipchains how-to for someone running
> ipf(8)/ipnat(8) on FreeBSD on a FreeBSD mail list?

Because it's got a sensible explanation of the problem that the OP was
describing.