Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:49:02 +0100
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr>
Subject:   Re: Image Programs

On Friday 05 December 2008 11:34:11 Polytropon wrote:

> Furthermore, there's Krita, if you're already using KDE.

Yep, it's getting more stable and is more intuitive for a novice/casual user
then gimp, also less powerful, but that's a matter of time.

> For automated image manipulations, ImageMagick and especially
> its convert command are very useful and powerful (!) tools.
>
> What about Inkscape? Tried this one?

It's more 'Illustrator'. Allthough there's a lot of overlap between the
programs, it's focus lies on compositing rather then editing images.
Also, it uses ImageMagick, which I personally dislike for the reasons
mentioned here: http://www.graphicsmagick.org/

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.