Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:00:34 +0200
From:      "Christian Walther" <cptsalek@gmail.com>
To:        "Wood, Russell" <Russell.Wood@rac.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Users Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ad0: TIMEOUT - Is my disk dying?

On 30/03/07, Wood, Russell <Russell.Wood@rac.com.au> wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for pointing me to this port, I'll give it a try this evening.

> When you have a suspected faulty hard drive, the last thing you want to
> do is use it. If you want additional confirmation (which I doubt you
> need as what you have printed is ample) then try Seatools from Seagate.
> It's free and runs of a CDROM.
>
> - Russell

Well, there isn't that much sensitive/important information on the
disk, but moving the system over to a fresh disk save me the work of
rebuilding the entire system again.
And I was just at a local computer store yesterday,  buying a bigger
disk as a replacement for the disk this thread is about. So I'm quite
lucky here. It's just a pity that I was planning a bigger HDD exchange
session. The broken disk was supposed to end up a T21. Well, I guess
I'll have to get another one. (Originally I didn't want to put more
money in the old machine, but its Harddrive is severily damaged but
the machine itself performs well for its owner.)