Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 20:36:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Network Coordinator <nc@ai.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PPP serving with FreeBSD

	Has anyone set it up to work where FreeBSD is actually doing the
PPP serving instead of a terminal server? I have slip serving working a
little differently from the faq because I wanted my users to be able to
change their slip login password [easily]. pppd runs differently and
doesn't care much for users trying to setup dynamic connections, and by
configuring it I don't want to open up the system's security. [With
sliplogin, I disabled it getting passed ANY parameters so when a user
runs sliplogin, they are using *only* their userid] I was debating on
whether to configure pppd to do the same.

	Any ideas, suggestions, experiences, etc?

Thanks,

-Jerry.