Date:      Fri, 05 Feb 1999 20:38:46 -0200
From:      Gustavo Vieira G C Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   update from 2.2.8 stable to 3.0 stable

Hi, i am getting crazy once i wish to change from 2.2.8 stable to 3.0
stable and in FreeBSD Brazillian mailing lists simply cannot help me.
Changing from 2.2.7 release to 2.2.8 stable where easy, all i had to do
was to read The complete FreeBSD (Greg Lehey), but know, it's different!
Changing from 2.2.8 stable to 3.0 stable is different. There is more
task than usual, right ?
One friend told me that i need to make world first, change some
configurations files in /etc and then build my kernel, but i would like
a step by step guide about howto do it?
Is there any good soul here to help?

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

PS: i nobody in freebsd homeland can help me, no othet place i'll get
help!

--
I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.
You use windowze because the guy on TV told you to ...