Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 06:58:51 -0600
From:      "SNF" <lists@stevenfettig.com>
To:        "Jan Grant" <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        "Freebsd-Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Somewhat OT - Can't get KDE to work for normal user

I should have been more clear with this.  I can run startx as root and get
xfree86/KDE running great.  I simply can't do it as any other user,
though...  When I go and try runnung 'make install' on
/usr/ports/x11/wrapper, it says that "==>  wrapper-1.0_1 is forbidden: This
port is for XFree86-4"  - now that error has me a little bit confused since
I already installed XFree86-4 with the pkg_add utility in /stand/sysinstall.
Should I have run a make install for XFree86-4 from the ports?  and if so,
what is the difference - besides the means by which it would have been
installed?

Thanks again,
SF