Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 1996 08:49:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Hanai Hiroyuki <hanai@astec.co.jp>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New conversion scheme in place.

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Hanai Hiroyuki wrote:

> In practice, I have one problem but it is because our japanese version of
> SGML files are based on 2.1.5R and sgmls doesn't know 'ero' in the new
> scheme.

&ero; == &amp;

Use &amp;

If there is anything I can do that would make the japanese work
better, let me know.  I've been reading up on the topic in
"Understanding Japanese Information Processing" so that I don't
accidentally break it in the future, since I have some
modification to instant in the pipeline that allow manipulating
the data content of elements. I've also been studying various
sources on various approaches using EUC, JIS, unicode and friends
with SGML.  Its all quite exciting and has even sparked an
interest in learning some Japanese!

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================