Date:      Thu, 19 Nov 2020 07:05:02 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyrillic font for xterm/urxvt

Hello,

I'm German and I study Russian language. I'm switching with a lot of
xmodmap commands:

$ cat Russian/.xmodmap-cyrillic
keycode 0x40 =  Mode_switch
! Russian (mapping attempts phonetic proximity)
keysym a = a A Cyrillic_a  Cyrillic_A
keysym b = b B Cyrillic_be Cyrillic_BE
keysym c = c C Cyrillic_che Cyrillic_CHE
keysym d = d D Cyrillic_de Cyrillic_DE

my German keyboard layout (QWERTZ) with the Win-key to get the Russian
UTF-8 chars, like абсдефг .... это всё хорошо. What I'd like to have is
a font for urxvt where the glyphs are more similar to the normal Russian
printing layout, for example where the Russian 'т' looks more like the Enlish 'm'
Is this clear what I mean? Any ideas for a good font name? At the moment
I use:

urxvt -fn "xft:Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:pixelsize=24"

This is all on FreeBSD CURRENT with a Xorg server.

Thanks in advance

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
Без книги нет знания, без знания нет коммунизма (Влaдимир Ильич Ленин)