Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2017 06:52:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jeffrey Bouquet" <jbtakk@iherebuywisely.com>
To:        "ak" <ak@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "ports" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   opera browser crash and recovery

About once a year, sometimes more often, sometimes less often, opera=20
browser thinks it is not installed, and wishes to reinstall, placing a plai=
n-vanilla
version to where years of customization had comfortably attuned the
browser to my workflow due to still-newbie tunings I've backup up.

The following two files, for instance,=20
[install dir]/.opera/cache/toolbar/standardtoolbar.ini
[install dir]/.opera/cache/operaprefs.ini
Please double check those...

HOWEVER there may be a third or 4th..

Those two today restored a browser deletion of all the settings [ defaults =
no images, for  instance... ] I've crafted over the years.

So I was thinking maybe a pkg-message may be in order detailing the need
to backup one's files, and which ones, so others or even I may save time
and aggravation etc, should the crash [system, Xorg, etc] occur at n
inconvenient time.

Thanks

Jeff=20
ps.  Hurriedly crafted email.  Sorry if any typos.=20=