Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:57:54 +0100
From:      Eric Knauel <knauel@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pccardc: device not configured

Hi,

I'm quite new to FreeBSD and I hope my question is not to dumb. ;-) Yesterday, I
installed FreeBSD 4.2 on my notebook and everything -- expect sound -- worked
perfectly. That's why I build a custom kernel which only differs from GENERIC in
support for "device pcm". Okay, the build-process worked fine, the sound support
also worked perfectly. However, now PCMCIA-support is broken!

In dmesg's output I can find :

pcic-pci0: <Ricoh RL5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 10.0 on pci0
pcic-pci1: <Ricoh RL5C476 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 10.1 on pci0

That's okay.  /etc/rc.conf has a line pccard_enable="YES", I guess that's why
pccardc is called during the boot process:

pcacardc: /dev/card0: device not configured

Hmm... What does that mean? I already tried to re-make /dev/card* entries with
MAKEDEV, didn't help. pccardd doesn't work of course: "fatal error: no PC-CARD
slots" and pccardc dumpcis doesn't work either. What can I do?

Ciao,

Eric