Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:38:27 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup to 5.3?

Damien Hull wrote:

>I'm using 4.10. How much free space do I need to cvsup?
>
>I had a lot of space until I installed KDE. /usr is down to 2.3G. If
>this isn't enough space can I move everything to another drive with more
>space in /usr?

If you have done a buildworld in the past you can delete everything in
/usr/obj/, rm -r /usr/obj/*
if you have lots of installed ports/upgraded ports run "portclean -CDD"
(portclean is part of the portupdate suite of tools)
if you still need more space delete everything in /usr/ports/distfiles/
(unless your on a dial-up modem, it would take forever to redownload
everything.)

As far as having enough space to buildword, 2.3GB sounds like enough but
don't quote me on that.