Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:13:00 -0400
From:      "Maine LOA List Admin (Brent Bailey)" <brentb@loa.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   nimda & code-red & apache error logs

IM running a 4.3 FBSD machine that has apache 1.3.19 ..I'm aware that these
viri are intended for IIS webservers ..but  on my webservers ... machines
that are infected with nimda or code-red  trying to access my apache
webservers ..is creating a ton of error logs ..im not sure this is affecting
the performance of the box ..but i know that the amount of windows machines
infected from these viri in crazy.

seems most all the machines ive seen trying to access my webserver are from
class A ip addresses...of 65.x.x.x
is there a way to either stop the amount of loging this is causing ?? or at
least stop the logging from these types of requests..

Brent