Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:27:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        "Justin L. Boss" <jlboss@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: perl script

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Justin L. Boss wrote:

> this perl script is linux, i do not know if it is difrent from
> freebsd i though perl cross platform. this is the error i get:

[Perl warnings snipped]

> Can't exec "minencode": No such file or directory at
> /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd-mail line 80.
> minencode:/var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd-mail line 82.

Odd.  Here, the error says "minencode" (twice).  That's obviously wrong,
because the Perl program calls "mimencode".

> i don't know what minencode is and at line 32 and 70 are 'print
> <<EOF' i put a space in (print << EOF) just got difrent errors

Those are all warnings.  They should be fixed, but won't prevent the
program from running.

"mimencode" appears to be a MIME encoder.  Based on what you posted,
either you mistyped something in your post, or the script you posted is
not the one from /var/spool/hylafax/bin/faxrcvd-mail.  Check
again; probably in that file it has the "n" instead of the "m".

(BTW, I wonder who thought it was a good idea to put a bin directory in
/var/spool?)