Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:58:34 -0500
From:      Matt Penna <mdp1261@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: /etc/hosts file ?  FBSD doc suck

At 01:30 PM 12/12/01 -0500, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
>Is this for your self enlightenment, or are you in a position to make
>changes to the man pages as released with the install? I have all ready
>received a acceptable answer to my question. I stated my position on this
>subject and unless you can get things changed it ends here.

Joe,

Ceri asked a legitimate question - EVERYONE is in a position to suggest
changes to the man pages, or indeed any other piece of documentation for
FreeBSD, many of which are adopted with a minimum of revision. If you have
suggestions on how the documents can be clarified, please tell us what you
found troubling so we can make them better.

I didn't find Ceri's comments to be inflammatory; I thought they were
simply an attempt to seek information. I, of course, don't know what the
intent of the question was, but I took it to be, "What didn't you
understand? Tell us so we can fix it."

I echo that sentiment now: Tell us what's wrong with the docs. The place
for such suggestions is the freebsd-doc mailing list, or if you have a
simple, specific problem, send a problem report.

Regardless, if you have problems with the docs, please tell us about them.

         Matt

--
Matt Penna                                      mdp1261@rit.edu
ICQ: 399825                                     S0ba on AOLIM