Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 16:41:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric H. Jones" <ejon@zipnet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   more than 32 pty's

	I've compiled a kernel with pty's maxed out at 128 (all those
pesky users!)  However, when someone telnets in and lands on one
that isn't named ttyp?, they become sort of ghost users..."w" doesn't
list them, finger doesn't seem to see them.  I'm not even sure they're
making it into the utmp file.
	Is there anything I have to do to make login "do the right thing?"
I'm not even sure it's login's problem because the lastlog database
seems to get updated.  Any ideas?

Eric Jones
ejon@zipnet.net