Date:      Fri, 13 May 2016 08:32:25 -0500
From:      Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
Cc:        James Lodge <James@lodge.me.uk>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, owner-freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT SIP ALG

On 2016-05-13 07:30, Eugene Grosbein wrote:
> 13.05.2016 5:26, James Lodge wrote:
>
>> I use siproxd on pfsense and it works really well.
>
> How do you use them?
>
> I have SIP PBX inside private network that has old slow Cisco router as
> NAT box.
>
> The PBX registers with several distinct external SIP providers and
> accepts external
> calls for local call center. I need to replace Cisco router with
> something having much
> more horsepower and consider FreeBSD/amd64 but need to make sure SIP
> won't break.
>
> Will siproxd help me in such case? I still need the PBX to be able to
> register
> directly to external SIP providers as it is administrated by outsourced
> company.

My asterisk server (pbx) registers through my NAT without ANY rules or
what have you.  I do have the NAT
option turned on for the 4 providers I connect to.

That said, sipoxd/pfSense may work as well.  I do go through pfSense,
but again do NOT have any SUP proxying.  The asterisk server just keeps
a registration open.

I can get and receive calls.

FWIW

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org
US Mail: 17716 Limpia Crk, Round Rock, TX 78664-7281