Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 20:02:33 +0200
From:      "Marc Schneiders" <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        "David Leong" <D.Leong@exeter.ac.uk>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing from FTP

David Leong <D.Leong@exeter.ac.uk> wrote

| Hello, I am trying to install FreeBSD from an FTP server. My ethernet
| card is supported, however I am unable to find the ethernet selection in
| the media section during setup. All I got was ppp, slip or laplink.
| What's going on?
If your ethernet card is not in the list with slip etc., it wasn't found.
Are you sure you entered the correct IRQ etc in the visual kernel config?
You can see whether it is found by paying close attention to what runs over
your screen after you entered the kernel config and saved it.

| Also in the kernel config, I needed one of devices that are inactive to
| be activated from the PCI section. How do I go about doing that?

Think that is not possible. PCI should be found automatically.

Marc
marc@oldserver.demon.nl