Date:      Sat, 17 Dec 2005 00:52:21 -0500
From:      "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Cc:        openvpn-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:   freebsd openvpn and firewall protocols

Hello,
    I'm running openvpn via ports on a freebsd6 machine. This box is natted
behind another freebsd6 box which uses pf as it's firewall. I've got windows
clients that are outside the firewall with openvpn windows client. I was
getting an error about tls parameters failed to be negotiated within 60
seconds and the connections kept failing. This was with udp. I'm wondering
if this is a nat issue, if the connection can not be natted. I changed proto
udp to proto tcp in both the client and server, restarted the server, and
this time it connected. I checked ipconfig on the client and it did have two
ip addresses, a 192.168.2.0/24 address for the wired nic connected to the
network the box is on, and a 192.168.9.0/24 ip for the vpn_tap adapter. My
second issue is i can not do anything with the remote network, pinging the
remote server via ip or dns name failed, and windows file sharing also did
not work. I'm wondering if this is an issue with nat or routing? I've got
ethernet bridging set up.
Thanks.
Dave.