Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 09:55:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        James Long <list@museum.rain.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.78 crashing on specific url

Hi, Kris -

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:47:35PM -0700, James Long wrote:
> > I'm running Linux Netscape Communicator 4.78 on 4.5-STABLE (circa 4/25).

That's pretty much what I found available when I started using FreeBSD
4.5-RELEASE, just a couple of months ago. (I'm pretty green on things
FreeBie.) I had to do what seemed a klutzy, force-fit installation, too.
(I don't remember the rigamarole, but the port wouldn't go in for me.)

> You can "debug" your system by removing the netscape installation,
> which contains innumerable bugs, and replacing it by a more stable web
> browser.

Realizing this is a religious issue, what do you recommend for a _very_
underpowered 4.5-R box (running 'fvwm2')?

Thanks.

 - John Mills