Date:      Wed, 02 Oct 2002 07:36:41 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
Cc:        helmut_gruder@hotmail.com, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Doc update

Ross Lippert wrote:
> Tangent:
> Let me also say that it was something of a surprise to find out that
> much of what I used to reconfigure the kernel for can be taken care of
> by just fiddling with loader.conf (though I don't know if apm falls
> into that), so I think I could criticize chapter 9 for not having a
> section "do you really need to rebuild the kernel" to explain this.

That's actually a really good idea.. I've wondered that for a while.  I
rebuild the kernel, reboot, and then the next day I see someone tweaking
some knob that did the same thing.. Doh!

It would be great to have a list of "no need to build the kernel if you
are just trying to do these things:" items.. That would save a lot of
time.  Who would know that list?

Eric