Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:48:33 +0100
From:      Matthias Kellermann <matthias@adminlife.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Outgoing FTP connections with pf and ftp-proxy

--------------enigC3125B7206AC47220C71C0D3

Hi list,

I'm trying to get outgoing FTP sessions to work with pf and
ftp/ftp-proxy in a NAT environment.

My simple config on a test machine looks like this:
int_if =3D "rl0"
localnet =3D "192.168.0.0/24"
tcp_services =3D "{ ssh, domain, www, https, ftp }"
udp_services =3D "{ domain }"

nat on $int_if from $localnet to any -> ($int_if)

rdr pass proto tcp from any to any port ftp -> 127.0.0.1 port 8021

block all

pass from $localnet to any keep state
pass proto udp to any port $udp_services keep state

pass out proto tcp to any port $tcp_services keep state

pass in proto tcp from any to any user proxy keep state
pass in proto tcp from any to any port ssh keep state

FTP login works fine. But if I want to do a "ls" on the FTP server I get
the following error on the client (no matter if NAT client or gateway):

425 Failed to establish connection.

Any idea whats wrong with my setup?

Thanks,
Matthias