Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:42:59
From:      "Thor Legvold" <tlegvold@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   mpd-netgraph configuration files

Still debugging, some questions to verify I have the proper config.

FBSD dual homed host/gw for a home LAN
dc0	home LAN		192.168.128.0/24
wi0	ISP WAN		10.10.0.0/16

IPFW and NAT are running, ipfw is wide open at present, natd running -m -s
-dynamic on wi0. Don't know if I need anything else special on nat for PPTP
to work.

My ISP has a pool of dynamically assignable (DHCP) routable IP's that they
assign via a PPTP server at 10.10.1.1. The routable IP's are in the range
213.225.121.0/24 as far as I understand.

My config looks like this:

# mpd.conf
access:
  new -i ng0 access access
  set iface idle 0
  set iface route default
  set iface disable on-demand
  set bundle disable multilink
  set bundle authname "myreallogin"
  set bundle password "myrealpassword"
  set link yes pap
  set link yes chap
  set link no mppc
  set link disable no-orig-auth
  set ipcp ranges 0.0.0.0/0 10.10.1.1/0

and links like this:

# mpd.links
access:
  set link type pptp
  set pptp mode active
  set pptp peer 10.10.1.1
  set pptp enable originate outcall

mpd.secrets has one line, with the same login/password as in mpd.conf

I'm a bit unsure as to what values should be in "set ipcp ranges", but I
don't seem to get the error message mentioned in the manual so I think it's
ok as is.

Does this appear at all correct? My ISP knows a bit about Linux (they use it
for the PPTP/VPN server, running PoPToP), and said I needed a "name"
variable somewhere, at least when connecting from Linux (but not Windows).
Should I use the "set link ident" for this?

Regards,
Thor