Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:06:41 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iamexwi.unibe.ch>
To:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>
Cc:        support@tecpro.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Applixware

> I've got the FreeBSD port v4.42. It's a product you need to purchase
> to get your hands on it. I know there's a 5.0 out for Linux, though
> I'm not sure what the status is of any 5.0 FreeBSD port. Anyone know?
> Or have any luck running the Linux port under FreeBSD?
> -Otter

The linux version of 4.42 is working just fine on FreeBSD. But I don't
know about the 5.0 linux version. Has anyone tried this? I still don't
know if I should purchase 4.42 FreeBSD or 5.0 linux.

As far as the FreeBSD version of 5.0 is concerned, it looks bad. Here is a
part from an email I got from Vistasource which is about two weeks old:

> As of right now we are only offering 4.4.2 for FreeBSD.  The decision is
> still pending on whether we are going to release a 5.0 version.

I suggest that anyone interested in a FreeBSD port emails the applix
people to show that there's still people around that care for a FreeBSD
version.
Their email adress is sales@vistasource.com (taken from
www.vistasource.com)

cheers, Tobe