Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:37:09 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        dochawk@psu.edu
Cc:        Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>, "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: restoring the audio device (pcm) when "already in use"

I don't have the full thread, so this might not be relevant, but after
I have suspended my system, the sound device will not work and will
show the "device already in use" message until I do a complete
re-boot.

It looks like the pcm device does not really deal properly with APM. I
have seen that some people use the loadable driver and unload and
re-load it after suspending.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)