Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:35:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB support for Kodak DC240 (umass)?

Nick Hibma wrote in list.freebsd-hardware:
 > > Kodak freely provides programming docs for developers, but
 > > unfortunately I'm not an USB expert at all myself, so it's not
 > > of much use for me.
 >
 > Could you send me the URL? (saves me digging)

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/developers/productsTechnologies/prodTechDC240.shtml

You need to become a member of the "Kodak Developer Program",
which is free, AFAIK.  That's how the gPhoto folks got their
information about the serial protocol of the Kodak cameras.

As another alternative to download the pictures, it is
possible to use an "IDE PCMCIA drive".  You insert the camera's
CompactFlash card, and then you can access it like a regular
IDE drive.  It's should work under FreeBSD, too.

However, using USB would be much more convenient, and it would
also be cheaper (such an IDE PCMCIA drive is 300 DM, =~ 150 $).

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)