Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 1999 10:55:33 -0700
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Huidae Cho <hdcho@unix.kyungpook.ac.kr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System lockup

Huidae Cho wrote:

> Hmm, i use 3.2-19990815-STABLE and i experienced system lockup a few times.
>
> What's wrong? I suspect a netscape-communicator 'cause whenever system
>
> locked up, i used netscape.
>
> Please give me some clue.

	Netscape locks my system once in a while too. How much physical ram do you
have, and how much swap space is available? Does your swap space ever get
full? Also, the most recent (4.61) version of netscape does not seem to
lock things up as often anymore, what version are you using? Are you sure
that it's locked up the whole machine, or just your window manager/X
server? Have you tried using Ctl-Alt-F1 to go to your console and kill off
X?

	I know this is a lot of questions, but hopefully there is some help in
there for you (and you did ask for clues :).

Good luck,

Doug