Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 02:53:00 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   vnc slowness when freebsd is server

Hello,
I have been experimenting with vnc on a mix of BSD, Linux and Windows
machines.
It works pretty well, with one exception.
If I use a FreeBSD system as the Xvnc server then clients to it load
*very* slowly. All other cominations are fine, BSD/Linux/Windows as
clients are fine, BSD as a client is fine. But access to BSD as a server
is incredibly slow.
I am wondering if some sysctl needs a tweak ?
Any more information I can give, please let me know.

They are all on a 100MB Lan going through a switch. FreeBSD is 4.7
Stable as of 2 days ago. It; a 1GHz processor with 512MB, and SCSI
disks, so I don;t think that is a bottleneck.

Thanks for any help.

p.s. To the people I was rude to earlier on this year I apologise, I was
in a strange mood. I am a reformed character now.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson