Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 18:41:11 +0200
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        Michael Sharp <freebsd@ec.rr.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openoffice install

On Sunday 09 June 2002 6:06 am, Michael Sharp wrote:
> I'm running FreeBSD 4.6-RC and I updated my ports collection this
> morning. I have 20 GiGs of freespace on my /usr slice. I recompiled my
> kernel with the following options and booted into it as the openoffice
> Makefile stated.
>
> options MAXDSIZ=3D"(1024*1024*1024)"
> options MAXSSIZ=3D"(256*1024*1024)"
>

> I then ran ' make USE_GCC=3D3.1 '  ( as stated in the Makefile ) ( 8 hr=
> of building )
> I then ran ' make install '
> restarted X
>
> However, I have NOTHING in /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/  and 'make
> install-user' ( as the user I normally use ) says the setup fails
> because setup is not in /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.0/, nor is there a
> soffice binary in /usr/local/bin.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> michael

dunno mate but I wouldn't get overexcited, I also threw in a build world,=
  etc=20
and I got stuff in /usr/local/Openoffice....  but  no  setup.ins, when I=20
copied that from the source directory I just a seg fault on running setup=
=2E  I=20
am in the middle of rebuilding an absolutely clean machine to try this ag=
ain=20
just so as I can start from a  known baseline.

:-(