Date:      Fri, 25 Apr 1997 23:54:53 -0400
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        mike allison <mallison@konnections.com>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SIIG scsi cards...

At 01:25 PM 4/26/97 -0700, mike allison wrote:
>Anyone ever heard of this SIIG group?  Their cards and stuff are all
>over the retail shops and seem tailored for OSs we don't like to talk
>about.  All of the chips on the cards are sealed over with their logo,
>so I can't tell what (if anything) they're compatible with.  Also,
>there's no clue on the drivers, although I haven't taken the .sys apart
>yet.
>
>Anyone know what they might be compatible with, or if they are at all?
>
>Anyone else use any of them?

I've considered buying one, but I too am wondering about compatibility
issues.  I talked with a man in a computer store who told me that his worked
great, but he was running Windows.  Their box claims that they support OS/2
and some Unix systems, and many of their other cards (video, serial, etc.)
tend to use chips from more well-known manufacturers, so it might not be a
total risk to take a look at one.  Oddly, their web page gives little or no
practical information.

If you do decide to go that route, let me know how it works for you.

K.S.